Am I due a rebate?

If you travel to temporary worksites, and your employer isn’t fully reimbursing you for this travel and meal allowances then you’re entitled to a tax refund. HMRC does not automatically refund overpaid tax for work related expenses, which means you need to claim it back. And what’s more, you can claim for the past four years.